Toucans show real spirit as OPG dish out a lesson!
OPG 43, Sidmouth Toucans 3 Toucans were certainly treated to an exhibition of clinical netball in their latest outing, writes Alexa Baker.
OPG were both consistent and ruthless with their scoring as they netted 9, 11, 11 and finally 12 goals in the four quarters of the contest.
Toucans, to their credit, kept going and the fact that OPG only finished with 43 is down, in no small way, to the tenacity and discipline of the Toucans general play.
Toucans captain Sarah Sparks clearly had tough decision to make as to who played which position. The skipper played goal attack with Sarah Fletcher tasked to be goal keeper and Louise Nelson adopting the goal defence berth.
Caroline Biggs, deservedly acclaimed as the Toucans’ Player of the match from the wing defence spot. The rest of the team comprised Rachel Darlami (centre), Sarah Sparks and Helen Terry (GA) and Alex Baker under the net as goal shooter.
You may also want to watch:
It was Baker who scored two of three Toucan goals, both netted in the second quarter before she swapped with Lucy Davies. Another pair to switch were Terry and Nelson, the latter scoring the other Toucans goal.
The contest was certainly action-packed and both sides gave their all as the rain fell throughout. As a result of their efforts both teams picked up eight fair play points.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 5 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 6 Peninsula League season could be over
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways