Toucans show real spirit as OPG dish out a lesson!
OPG 43, Sidmouth Toucans 3 Toucans were certainly treated to an exhibition of clinical netball in their latest outing, writes Alexa Baker.
OPG were both consistent and ruthless with their scoring as they netted 9, 11, 11 and finally 12 goals in the four quarters of the contest.
Toucans, to their credit, kept going and the fact that OPG only finished with 43 is down, in no small way, to the tenacity and discipline of the Toucans general play.
Toucans captain Sarah Sparks clearly had tough decision to make as to who played which position. The skipper played goal attack with Sarah Fletcher tasked to be goal keeper and Louise Nelson adopting the goal defence berth.
Caroline Biggs, deservedly acclaimed as the Toucans’ Player of the match from the wing defence spot. The rest of the team comprised Rachel Darlami (centre), Sarah Sparks and Helen Terry (GA) and Alex Baker under the net as goal shooter.
You may also want to watch:
It was Baker who scored two of three Toucan goals, both netted in the second quarter before she swapped with Lucy Davies. Another pair to switch were Terry and Nelson, the latter scoring the other Toucans goal.
The contest was certainly action-packed and both sides gave their all as the rain fell throughout. As a result of their efforts both teams picked up eight fair play points.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 6 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 9 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution