Toucans toppled in latest Honiton Netball League outing
Sidmouth Toucans picked up ten fair-play points for their efforts as they slipped to another Honiton Netball league defeat, writes Alexa Baker.
Whilst the gritty performance from the Toucans was eye-catching, there were some tired bodies that greeted the final whistle!
The Toucans centre court players were in great form with plenty of leaping, running, intercepting and dodging in what was non-stop action.
Lesley Hall (WD) played her first whole match, and, with Louise Neilson (GD), fed good rebound ball into the tall Sarah Fletcher GK).
Centre, Rachel Darlami and captain Sarah Sparks (WA), worked tirelessly against the height of the opposition and supported Caroline Biggs who, from the goal attack and goal scorer berth once more landed the honour of being Player of the Match.
You may also want to watch:
Alexa Baker (GS) and Helen Terry (GA) were both amongst the goals with Baker delighted to see her goal scoring improve on previous weeks, but she was just as pleased to see Terry net consistently in the third quarter.
Toucans ended 48-15 losers, but they did pick up ten fair-play points and they were keen post-match to thank umpire Helen for her contribution to another great night of action.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 7 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 The questions of British Lions selection
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution