Toucans were in the pink
Sidmouth Toucans netball team dressed up in pink for the Net 10 For Life initiative.
This England Netball initiative asked all leagues over the country to play and umpire in pink and pay 10p for each goal scored during the week of February 6 with all money raised going towards Cancer Research UK charity.
Sidmouth Toucans play in the Exeter and Honiton league and took part in both their games that week.
In the Honiton League Sidmouth recorded their fourth win in a row and, although the winter leagues are coming to a close, the team are looking forward to the summer ones.
Toucans run a turn-up-and-play session on Saturdays at Sidmouth sports hall 5pm-6pm open to year 9-99! All are welcome.
You may also want to watch:
In this week’s Honiton match, Sidmouth Toucans met JD Tyres again, having previously recorded two wins over them.
They made it three out of three from their 43-30 victory thanks to good work from Hannah Strong, whilst Tanya Broom once again was the JD player to watch. Toucans led 9-6 at quarter time, but, by the end of the second period JD Tyres had reduced the deficit to a single goal at 16-17. The third period saw Toucans gain the upper hand to start the final quarter 32-24 ahead. They continued to outscore JD in the final session to win by 43-30.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
It was a good night for Hannah Strong who's just celebrated her 18th birthday.