Tournament to start Sidmouth’s hockey season
Sidmouth Hockey Club is holding a club day this Saturday to ease players back into the game after the summer break.
A tournament will take place involving everyone, whatever ability they may be - so all are welcome - both men and ladies. The club day will give existing and new members a chance to mingle with other members of the club.
Prospective players, and those who fancy trying out the game in a relaxed and informal atmosphere, are most welcome. Pre-season friendlies for the club's four men's and two ladies’ teams start the following week.
The tournament will run from 1-4pm this Saturday on the synthetic turf at Sidmouth College. A barbecue will follow afterwards at the clubhouse on the Fort Field.
Further details are available from Ian Brown - 07855 862135
You may also want to watch:
?Junior hockey players are also welcome to come along on Saturday from 2.30-4pm where some games and training will take place before regular Sunday morning training sessions start up again, commencing Sunday, Sept 11, 10.30 – 11.30am, at Sidmouth College.
For further information please contact Sarah Hutchings: 07889 584253
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown