Town Reserves face tough run-in to end of league campaign
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town Reserves were beaten 3-0 at Lapford in their latest Macron League Division One outing.
The Town second string are not in action tomorrow (April 6); they are back in action the Saturday after (April 13) when they play the first of their last six league games – with Kentisbeare the visitors to Manstone Lane.
Town have a tough run-in to the end of the league campaign; five of their last six games are against three of the four teams currently sitting above them in the Division One table!
After the home meeting with Kentisbeare they also host Lapford and Bampton, while they have away games to play at seventh placed Wellington and title-chasing duo Kentisbeare and Bampton.
Town did enjoy cup success last midweek when they knocked Bradninch out of the Grandisson Cup thanks to goals from Scott Hughes and Jack Miller.
You may also want to watch:
The win sees Town into the last four, where they will meet the winners of the remaining quarter-final tie, Kentisbeare versus East Budleigh. The other semi-final is between Ottery St Mary and Bravehearts.
? Read news of Sidmouth Town third and fourth teams at www.sidmouthherald.co.uk
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Hospitality needs a 'seat at cabinet the table' in Westminster - Michael Caines
- 7 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 TOTO TALK - musings of a dog about town
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert