Trophy win for Sidmouth trio
SIDMOUTH Ladies’ are celebrating the success of a trio of their own, writes Jill Lewis.
Elaine Reed, Paddy Wrench and Jane Painter took part in the Golden-Budleigh Trophy at Budleigh Bowling Club and landed the top honour.
In a field of twenty four invited teams it was quite an achievement to emerge as winners and the club congratulates the three bowlers.
There was more success for the club in an away match at Abbrook Park where a team of nine ladies enjoyed lunch together before going on to beat the hosts on all three rinks!
Betty Farmer, Jean Green and Jill Bishop won their match 28-13 whilst Jill Lewis, Paddy Wrench and Mary Smith were victorious at 24-11 and the trio of Mary Price, Sheila Graham and Margaret King won by four shots at 18-14.
You may also want to watch:
It was a lovely sunny afternoon with very friendly opposition and an exciting finish for Jill Bishops’s team who had a ‘hot shot’ on the very last end. A lovely way to end a good afternoon’s play!
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future