Trude at the double as SOHC 3rds topple Torquay
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies’ third team were 3-2 winners when they travelled to Torquay.
It took the team a little while to become accustomed to the brand new bouncy surface at Torquay and, whilst coming to terms with the surface, they fell two goals down!
Once they had settled into the contest, with Izzy Beech and Ella Davies impressing down the wings, it was no surprise when Mia Holder provided the assist for Ella Davies to get a goal back for SOHC and half-time arrived with the home side holding a one-goal advantage.
Torquay started the second half on the front foot, but the SOHC defence stood firm with Lydia Gammon putting in some fierce tackles and Jan Moore showing real quality with her distribution.
SOHC began to take charge and dominated possession to such a degree that they scored twice more to take the points. Hannah Trude scored both the goals, one of them with a lift hit and the other fashioned for her by Mia Hodder.
You may also want to watch:
The home side hit back, but were denied further goals by some splendid goalkeeping from Amy Davies.
Karhys Flemmington impressed with some excellent control and shooting, but the SOHC Player of the Match award was shared by Mia Hodder and Hannah Trude.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections