Tubbs takes four as Ottery II win at a canter
Once again Ottery St Mary 2nd XI were involved in a ridiculously one sided contest as they destroyed Ivybridge in even more convincing fashion than their early season cake walk at Salston Field.
Having won the toss, the Otters’ debutant skipper, Rob Crabb, leading the side in the absence of Gavin Iley, inserted the home side on a very damp, green wicket and sat back to watch his pace attack wreck havoc as they reduced Ivybridge to 28-6!
Teenage pacemen, Alex Tubbs, with four wickets, and Zac Johns, with two, did the damage including removing the accomplished-looking Dave Eadie (12), courtesy of a brilliant diving catch by Alex Clements at short square leg, one of three catches for the youngster.
The only real resistance of the innings then saw Andy Huxtable (25 with 4 x 4s) and Mike Tuckwell (9) post a 32-run stand in 13 overs before the former fell lbw to Keith Biggs.
A late innings collapse saw the West Devon side loose their last four wickets without troubling the scorers as seventeen year old seamer George Biggs claimed three victims and twin brother; Louis pouched three catches behind the stumps.
You may also want to watch:
Sixty all out represented a pitiful effort from the home side and the Otters cruised to victory in just 15 overs. George Biggs and James Faulkner (20) fashioned an untroubled 39-run opening stand before the latter was caught by Bird off Sexton but this was to be Ivybridge’s only success.
George Biggs (28 with 4 x 4s) completed a fine all round display as he and Lewis Townsend (10*) guided their side to another 20 point maximum.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 The more we work together the better it will be
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary