U10s enjoy Cornwall tour
Two mighty Cornish teams lined up as opposition for Sidmouth U10s inaugural tour, writes Craig Morgan.
Redruth organised the match on their main pitch. Steeped in history and passion, the hallowed 'Hell Fire Corner' hosted our own legendary heroes and soon Sidmouth were playing a previously unwitnessed brand of drive, retain and recycle rugby that allowed them to dominate the red and blacks.
Sidmouth were 2-0 up at half time. A complete change of Sidmouth personnel at half time fought hard but allowed the red and blacks in for a couple tries of their own.
Game two saw Sidmouth completely dominate with fabulous performances from Josh Roberts at scrum half, Ollie Jones (1), Louis Stamp (2) and Finlay Morgan (1) to win 5-2. Harley Smith also scored his second try of the season.
Business taken care of, the team switched to Gwithian beach for a Baltic surf lesson sponsored by WestExe Forklift’s Mr. Alex Dix who also ventured out in his athletically cut wet suit !
You may also want to watch:
That night the entertainment continued at the hotel with solo renditions of Queen’s ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ by Peacock senior and ‘Green Army’ by Peacock jnr.
Morning dawned and the weather forced a cancellation of the final fixture against Cornish County champions Hayle due to a waterlogged pitch
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
Well done to all who toured and especially for the fabulous support provided by parents. Thanks to Simon Rowe and Brad Jenkins of TJ contractors the team's sponsor.
Squad: Monaghan. Dix, Peacock, Johnson, Stamp, Kennaugh, Scrivens, Marchant, Jenkins, Morgan, Smith, Jones, Bond, Thorn, Wyant, Turbitt, Hushon, Rowe & Roberts.