U11s kept heads up
Sidmouth Town FC Raiders U11s 1, West Exe Rangers 9
The raiders got a shock in their first game of the season, with one goalie and one defender away and West Exe took full advantage of this.
West Exe scored first from a free corner kick, The raiders returned with their only goal from Louis Adey which was passed from Ben Goodier left. West Exe showed more strength but scored four more goals before half time.
Raiders were not without chances, Adey’s determination left him disappointed when the ball kept skimming the post.
In the second half, The Raiders’ determination shone through and they kept West Exe out for the first 20 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Raiders had many chances and play was even til 10 minutes before time when the Raidrs started to struggle. West Exe took advantage and scored four more.
Heads up boys, we are all proud of you for never giving up.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
Man of the match was Ben Goodier.