U12s’ developing squad
Sidmouth RFC U12 vs Honiton
Another large U12 squad travelled away to Honiton on a crisp autumn day. In ideal conditions, the format, once again, was four quarters – two uphill, two down, writes Chris Woodruff.
Unusually, Sidmouth defaulted on kick-off and Honiton seized the momentum with a strong forward line which looked to make Sidmouth pay. Sidmouth responded well and a Hayman -Harris double act combined for a try, converted by Harris.
The second quarter started more positively but a series of high tackles from Sidmouth gave Honiton ground and they pressed home with a try and conversion.
The third quarter saw further rotation and Sidmouth soon found themselves a try and conversion down as they struggled to find their shape. However, a gritty Stokes and bullish Perez spared no prisoners to drive home successive tries with clean conversions. The final quarter saw Honiton secure a well-timed try and they levelled the scores with the conversion.
You may also want to watch:
conversion duly dispatched, Honiton levelled the scores as the final whistle blew.
Plenty of positives to take away on the day and, as will be the case this season in a developing squad, some areas to focus on in training.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites