U12s win in style
Exeter U12 V Sidmouth U12 cup match
Facing an Exeter side made entirely of district and county players, a young Sidmouth U12 side gave a good account of themselves, writes Clare Pugsley.
With Exeter into bat, scoring a total of 144 off their 20 overs, the Sidmouth bowlers of Tom Simmons 3-0-3-0, Max Hancock 2-0-6-0 , Ollie Pugsley taking the opening batsman 3-0-1-16 and Emily Dodds making her debut for the u12s with 2-0-22-1, showed grit and determination.
In reply Sidmouth came up short but managed 92 for 4 off their 20 overs. Louis Morison, having to retire on 30, Tom Simmons not out on 25 and Tobi Pugsley who just could not get Sidmouth to the target.
?Sidmouth v Clyst Hydon: Sidmouth opened the batting reaching 112 off their 20 overs.
You may also want to watch:
The majority of the runs were evenly shared between Tobi Pugsley, Ben Marsh, Max Hancock and Thomas Burhop.
In reply Clyst Hydon could only reach 73 off their 20 overs due to fantastic bowling from Thomas Burhop 3-0-8-1, Scott Hughes 2-0-6-1, Emily Dodds 2-0-5-1, Ollie Pugsley 2-1-8-0, Tobi Pugsley 2-1-6-0, and Jordan Fowler 2-1-1-0.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
This victory placed Sidmouth U12 second in their league.