U13s’ great start to the year
Sidmouth 39, Exmouth 5
This was the first U13 game of the New Year which saw the boys provide the best team performance of the season so far, culminating in a successful win for Sidmouth.
It followed on from an absolutely fantastic but previously unreported match against Teignmouth prior to Christmas. Captained by Max Moore who made his first appearance as a forward (No 8) for Sidmouth, the U13s lost narrowly with a score of 12-10 after an outstanding team performance. Both teams were evenly matched, Teignmouth had the edge by converting one try.
The team’s renewed New Year vigour created dominant forwards play from start to finish, enabling the ball to be passed quickly out to the backs.
In the first half there were two unconverted tries from captain Charlie Wright, who punched through their weak defence; the second of Wright’s tries was produced from a great offload by Max Moore. Superb team play and great distribution of the ball by Jake Allen enabled good runs and two tries from Will Counsell ensued, one converted by him. As always, great tackling by Ed Bolton and Asa Unsworth with some great runs by Lorcan Hankin. Exmouth came back briefly with one converted try.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw Sidmouth remain dominant if slightly less tenacious. Three more tries by Sidmouth, one unconverted from Wright, another from Allen offloaded by Wright and converted by Jonny Dunn, and finally another unconverted try from Counsell. It was a great start to the year!
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon