U16s on tour!
Sidmouth U16s 53, Lansdown 12
Sidmouth U16s 57, Barnhall [Dublin]19
The Sidmouth U16 tour to Dublin was a great success with the party of 22 young men behaving impeccably, being a credit to themselves and ambassadors for Sidmouth Rugby Club.
The tour would not have been possible without generous sponsorship from a senior clubman and Michelmores Solicitors. Their contributions were carefully invested in a cultural exchange at the Irish House Party in Merchants Arch.
The tour was also fortunate to receive support in the form of bespoke polo shirts from East Devon based Allwood, one of the UK’s most progressive exponents of timber frame construction.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth achieved two outstanding wins; one in the shadow of the Aviva Stadium, against Lansdown, and the other on the outskirts of Dublin at Barnhall.
Playing highlights were a Jenkins drop-goal, the outstanding Gosling try, the acceleration of Parnell, the tackling of Toomey and Faulkner, the excellence of Perchard-Richards and Kearns, the running of Malec and the length-of-the-pitch team try touched-down by Thomas.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
Off -the-field highlights included two beautiful air hostesses Sian and Jade, Little Lion Man, young men in drag, an encore inducing rendition of I’m Yours in Temple Bar, Molly Malone, short hair, a dancer called Nadia, Griffiths leading the way, gobsmacked American tourists and a lime green mankini.
The U16s will be on the Blackmore to entertain you at 11am on Easter Sunday.