U9s did club proud
Sidmouth FC U9 Warriors and Raiders did their club proud at a national tournament held at Butlins Minehead, writes Rob Fowler.
The Warriors were runners up in their group, which included Bristol Rovers, Aldershot, Kewford and Kinghurst from the Midlands and two teams from Wales, conceding one goal in the six group games. Sidmouth lost in the quarter finals to Banbury Utd Youth from London 1-0.
The boys were surprised to meet Sir Geoff Hurst MBE, who presented them with their trophies at the presentation night on the Sunday
A big thank you to Sidmouth Round Table for sponsoring the team tops as seen in the Raiders’ presentation picture, writes Wade Monaghan.
It was a great weekend for all, and was only made possible due to the continued fund-raising events organised by Rob and Lorraine Fowler of AA Taxi’s and the commitment all season from the Raiders’ coach Tony West.
You may also want to watch:
All the players and parents would like to say a big thank you. I would also like to say a big well done to the team for all the hard work and effort they have put in throughout the season.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead