Under par fourths
Sidmouth Men’s 4th XI 1, Minehead 3
Sidmouth went into this match hoping for at least a repeat of the drawn match when they travelled to Minehead, but it was not to be.
In a very competitive match, the home side played some good passing hockey at times and applied pressure on the opposing area but were unable to make the breakthrough.
Minehead claimed the lead part way through the half but the Sidmouth players did not let their heads drop and continued to attack.
The team won a short corner and through some good ball work by Simon Price, levelled the scores.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half, Sidmouth continued to compete and went close to scoring on a few occasions but it was Minehead that scored to retake the lead.
As the game drew to a close, the visitors scored again to secure the points.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
The result left Sidmouth towards the bottom of the league, with three games left to go.
The side has no match this week but takes on Isca at home, the following week.