Under par fourths
Sidmouth Men’s 4th XI 1, Minehead 3
Sidmouth went into this match hoping for at least a repeat of the drawn match when they travelled to Minehead, but it was not to be.
In a very competitive match, the home side played some good passing hockey at times and applied pressure on the opposing area but were unable to make the breakthrough.
Minehead claimed the lead part way through the half but the Sidmouth players did not let their heads drop and continued to attack.
The team won a short corner and through some good ball work by Simon Price, levelled the scores.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half, Sidmouth continued to compete and went close to scoring on a few occasions but it was Minehead that scored to retake the lead.
As the game drew to a close, the visitors scored again to secure the points.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
The result left Sidmouth towards the bottom of the league, with three games left to go.
The side has no match this week but takes on Isca at home, the following week.