Up for Otters/Vikings derby
There’s a big derby match on Saturday when Ottery St Mary host Sidmouth Town (3pm).
Both sides need points to propel them up the league table and Coombs will be hoping that luck goes the way of the Otters.
Exeter Civil Service 1, Ottery St Mary 0
Ottery ST Mary lost 1-0 at Exeter Civil Service.
It was a much better performance than last week, Ottery created as many chances as the home side but were just lacking that quality needed in front of goal.
You may also want to watch:
Keeper Matt Slark saved a penalty in the 15th minute and it looked Ottery might get that bit of luck they needed but, with four minutes of the first half remaining, a Civil striker struck from 20 yards to put his side ahead. Slark did get his hand to it but it hit both posts before going in.
The second half saw the home side dominate more but and Ottery managed to keep the score at 1-0 without really threatening. Matt Slark again pulled off some fine saves.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Manager Mel Coombs said: “It was a good performance from us. It’s a very disappointing run of results we are having, but I would like to pay tribute to the lads who are prepared to roll their sleeves up and continue the fight to get the club on the right footing.
?? Last week in the Ottery report we quoted Mel Coombs as saying: “ ...the effort put in by my players took its toll against a quality side that all get paid silly money.”.
He didn’t mean that Ottery players did not get any petrol money. He meant that some sides are paying silly money to players which makes them difficult (for sides like Ottery) to compete with.