Upottery continue to be upwardly mobile
Upottery powered their way to within a point of the summit of the E Division table with a six wicket home win over Uplyme and Lyme Regis.
Only Steve Batey (26) could provide any real resistance as Matt Frost (4-28) and Gary Kennard (3-39) did the damage with the ball as the visitors were bowled out for 152.
Tom Wyatt then his a sparkling unbeaten 67 as the hosts strode to a six wicket win.
Next up for the upwardly mobile villagers is a trip to Culmstock to meet Tiverton and Bickleigh where, if they can win, and get a couple of points more than Kentisbeare get at Kilmington, then the Sidmouth Arms in Upottery will be the home on Saturday night of the new E Division leaders!
Upottery II skipper Dan Prettejohn, clearly none the worse for wear after his magnificent effort at stage managing the Upottery Football Club Annual Awards evening at the Sidmouth Arms the previous night, led the cricket team to a winning draw in their game with Halberton II.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Sawyer (60) and Mark Joyce (42) led the villagers to 259-9 and then Prettejohn put the ball on the spot with great consistency to claim 4-42 as the Mid Devon men held on at 201-8.
Next up for Prettejohn and his men is a home meeting with current leaders Exeter III.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 10 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other