Upper Crust Bakery stableford success for Dan Churchill
- Credit: Archant
The Monday stableford is now being sponsored by the Upper Crust Bakery and we are all extremely grateful for this support of our local club, writes John Barnard.
The winner of the competition this week was Dan Churchill, winning on countback from Pat McCormack.
Dan’s outward nine was okay, but two birdies on the 10th and crucially, the 18th, kept him ahead.
Pat’s round was going well but a run of bogies from holes 14 to 17.
Brian Cole was in third place and looking like winning until two eights in the last three holes ruined his card, but it was still enough to win the separate senior’s competition.
You may also want to watch:
In the Upper Crust Bakery Monday Eclectic competition, Marl Laird still retains the lead with John Jones second and Mike Knight third but all closely packed so all to play for.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors