Upper Crust Monday stableford success for Brian Cole
- Credit: Archant
The Upper Crust Monday Stableford was won this week by Brian Cole with 42 points, writes John Barnard.
Mike Knight will be cursing his luck though as for the second individual competition in a row, he came second and both times on countback.
Brian’s handicap has been reduced by a couple of shots to 15 following his great round.
Eight pars were the key to his win with only one double bogie to really cost him.
Mike had a fabulous front nine, two under gross to go out in 31.
You may also want to watch:
Two more birdies on the back nine, but then inexplicably, three bogies on the last four holes knocked him backwards from what would have been a great score and win. Kym White continued his good form so far this season.
His handicap is now down around seven shots from the start of the year and another 40 points total helped it to keep falling.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
Not having a great round, a run of four pars on the last four holes hauled him up the leader board.
The highlight of his round was a birdie on the difficult third hole, a rare bird indeed for the higher handicappers.