Upper Crust Monday stableford success for Steve Crabb
- Credit: Archant
The Upper Crust Monday stableford was a restricted competition, writes John Barnard.
Due to the poor weather, the course helpline announced the course was closed for the day and the competition was cancelled.
As the day progressed, the weather improved and the decision was made at lunchtime to re-open the course and the competition although most members were unaware so there was a very limited entry.
This didn’t worry Steve Crabb though, as he won with an excellent 42 points, beating Luke Sheppard by two points. Stuart Coles was third.
There has been no significant change in the Upper Crust Eclectic League table.
You may also want to watch:
John Jones still leads with a nett 54.1, but his lead has been trimmed as Steve Crabb moves into second place with 55.0. Kym White is third on 56.20
In the birdie count, relevant only to the lower handicappers of course, no real surprise here, with Neil Holland leading with 18 followed by John Jones on 15,with Stuart Coles and Nick Gingell a further two birdies back.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge