Upsher stars for Sidmouth Warriors Under-11s
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-11s were in fine form as they defeated Okehampton 4-0 at their Simmons Park home.
The Town youngsters travelled for their first outing at the picturesque home of the hosts in confident mood as their recent form has been good.
The home side looked sharp throughout, particularly with their impressive counter-attacking style.
Warriors found their feet in the contest, and once settled they began to take control. Shortly after Michal Bielawski went close to opening the score, the referee awarded a Sidmouth free-kick just outside the home area and Ben Elsom stepped up and deftly placed the ball around the wall and beyond the fingertips of the keeper to give Warriors a 1-0 half-time lead.
The second half saw a couple of changes and the new players added another dimension to the Sidmouth attack.
You may also want to watch:
Wave after wave of Sidmouth raids followed and, 15 minutes into the second half, Thomas Fletcher arrived at the far post off a well-timed run to turn the ball home and double the lead.
The home side continued to carry a threat, but the hard work of wing backs Tom Cload and Will Pulman meant the threat was lessened and, with Dev Nair making a great contribution down the right, it was no more than Warriors deserved when Pitter scored his second to make it 3-0.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
It was Man of the Match Finn Upsher who rounded things off with a wonderful volley, applying a polished finish to a superb Warriors team display.