Vanstone double as SOHC III net five at Bridgwater
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s third team were 5-0 winners when they visited a strong Bridgwater C side.
Given that SOHC began the game with just 10 players and without any shirts, they made a slick start and took the lead when James Redish slipped the ball between the goalkeepers legs and into the net.
Despite being a man down, SOHC worked hard to deny the Somerset side time and space.
Eventually the 11th player arrived and half-time came with a full team on the pitch and a single goal lead.
After the break, SOHC dominated and the four further goals they scored were reward for some enterprising attacking play.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Vanstone score twice, one from a short corner and the other via a penalty flick.
Peter Milwer applied a terrific sweep from the penalty spot and the other goal was scored by Ashok Prasad who marked his promotion from the club’s fourth XI 4s with a deflection on the back post.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown