Vanstone double as SOHC III net five at Bridgwater
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s third team were 5-0 winners when they visited a strong Bridgwater C side.
Given that SOHC began the game with just 10 players and without any shirts, they made a slick start and took the lead when James Redish slipped the ball between the goalkeepers legs and into the net.
Despite being a man down, SOHC worked hard to deny the Somerset side time and space.
Eventually the 11th player arrived and half-time came with a full team on the pitch and a single goal lead.
After the break, SOHC dominated and the four further goals they scored were reward for some enterprising attacking play.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Vanstone score twice, one from a short corner and the other via a penalty flick.
Peter Milwer applied a terrific sweep from the penalty spot and the other goal was scored by Ashok Prasad who marked his promotion from the club’s fourth XI 4s with a deflection on the back post.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend