Velo III vintage cycle ride draws near - time to dress up and cycle!
- Credit: Archant
The third Velo Vintage Occasion and Ride has just opened for bookings and based on the last two events it should be a lot of fun in a very stylish way.
Saturday, June 15, is the date set for the event, where, after gathering in the centre of Exmouth, up to 300 riders will set off on a mainly level ride.
Now, although you need a bicycle and a little bit of fitness, it’s not too strenuous, apart from one hill where we are told a leisurely approach will be taken!
In total the distance is about 10-miles and with plenty of time available it should be relaxing.
The rewards we are most reliably informed, for riding uphill is afternoon tea in the grounds of the unique National Trust property A la Ronde. Where a Devon Cream Tea will be served accompanied by local entertainers Blitz and Peaces.
You may also want to watch:
Alistair Cope of Velo Vintage said “The first two events went down so well that we just had to come back and open it up for more riders. Although we are called Velo Vintage, you don’t need an old bicycle, all that we ask is that you dress up in the spirit of the day, in your best attire from between the 1920’s to the 1970’s”. Alistair continued, “We have a lot of fun with a real mixture of cyclists, from those who are regular riders to those just starting or those getting back after a break, it really is open to all”.
During the day, there will be competitions for best dressed individuals and also bicycles as well as a few surprise competitions.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
You can find out more and sign up for the ride at http://www.velovintage.co.uk/Events---Occasions.html or telephone Alistair Cope on 01297 625375