Veterans League set for big boost in numbers.
Following the successful launch of the Devon County Veterans League during the 2010/2011 season in the East Area of the County.
The Devon County Veterans League with the assistance of the County FA are now looking to expand Veterans football into all areas of the County for the 2011/2012 season.
The intention is to run a County Veterans League with regional divisions, if numbers permit with the idea being to keep the travelling needed to a minimum. The fixtures it is proposed would be scheduled on the current format of one fixture per month to ensure the commitment levels needed are not too extensive.
The plan would also be if the clubs agree , is to also run a Devon County FA Veterans Cup.
Lee Rider, County Development Manager for the Devon County FA said: “We are fully supporting the expansion of the Devon County Veterans League as this will provide football opportunities for those who do not wish to compete against younger rivals. This league provides enthusiastic footballers who have reached the age of 35 or over the opportunity to compete at a more pertinent level and continue to enjoy all the social and physical benefits that football has to offer.”
You may also want to watch:
League Secretary Graham Moore said: “At present we have 15 teams confirmed for next season, Timepiece, Exeter South, St Martins, Tedburn St Mary, Topsham Town , Barnstaple Town , Ottery St Mary, Sidmouth Town, Otterton, Pinhoe, Exmouth Town,, Heavitree Old Boys (Exmouth ), Bideford, Chagford and Okehampton. With another four teams showing interest, including one from Cornwall. The League is especially interested in hearing from teams in the South & West areas of the county who wish to enter the League.”
The closing date for entries into the League is June 15. For all applications or for further details regarding the League , please contact the League Secretary Graham Moore Mob : 07969789934 or E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites