Vicary at the double in Sidmouth Warriors U11 win
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors landed their first win of the new season when they defeated Axminster 4-2.
In an end-to-end start to the game, Lucas O’connor saw his shot cleared off the line, the shooting chance created by some great pressing from Lucas Vicary.
Axminster gave as good as they got and two fine saves from Oscar Finch denied them before the deadlock was broken by an Axminster own goal.
However, parity was restored by the half-time whistle with the equaliser coming from the penalty spot.
Warriors made a tactical change at the start of the second half with Seamus Kent introduced and it was he who led the move that ended with Edward Roles to fire Warriors back into the lead. With confidence levels clearly rising, Warriors struck again through Vicary, this after excellent approach play involving Ethan Isaac and O’connor. Isaac also had a hand in the Warriors’ fourth goal as he and Laurence Coles linked well prior to Vicary scoring his second. Axminster got a late second, but Warriors were not to be denied a deserved win.
You may also want to watch:
Oscar Finch and Jamie White both did well and were in the running for the star player award, but it was two-goal Lucas Vicary who was named the Warriors’ Man of the Match.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support