Vikings hammered at Crediton in midweek meeting
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town suffered a heavy 6-0 defeat when they travelled to Crediton United on Tuesday night for a South West Peninsula League Eastern Division game.
On the night, nothing fell for the Vikings and all this after they had enjoyed comfortable parity with the host for the opening 20 minutes!
However, the deadlock was broken by the sort of goal that would have got the TV pundits out of their seats, and once behind, things went rapidly from bad to worse!
The Vikings were not helped by the fact that they were missing three players - central defender James Clampin has been in terrfic form this season, but he was away on holiday and striker Jamie Orchard was at a Devon Under-18s trial while midfielder Connor Swingler was out injured.
The mauling came as a surprise to Town boss Josh Stunell, though he was not set to panic after the game.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “These things happen and we got a similar spanking last year by Exwick. On the night everyhting that coudl go wrong - did! The key now is for us to get straight back into it and I am glad we are at home on Saturday as it gives us the chnace to impress upon the players that Tuesday night needs forgetting - quickly!”
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 4 Peninsula League season could be over
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways