Vikings second string well beaten at Upottery
- Credit: Archant
A lacklustre performance from the Vikings second string saw them well beaten, going down 7-0 at Upottery.
The side were handicapped for the visit having to make no fewer than six changes to the eleven that had started the precious game!
Only Mike Stamp and Kieran Fayter-Small emerged with any credit in an embarrassing effort that saw the side trail 3-0 at the break.
The Vikings began the second half in the ascendency, but, once the home side had increased their lead, albeit against the run of play, heads and the Vikings surrendered!
Boss Paddy Thomas said: “Unavailability is killing the club players need to prioritise their weekends.
You may also want to watch:
“This week alone 28 players were unavailable for selection and no club can expect to prosper in that scenario.”
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution