Vikings sunk by Brixington United
Sidmouth Vikings U15s 0 Brixington Utd 5 This was the final game of the season for Sidmouth and an important one for the visitors, with Sidmouth being the victors in the previous meeting.
Sidmouth Vikings U15s 0 Brixington Utd 5
This was the final game of the season for Sidmouth and an important one for the visitors, with Sidmouth being the victors in the previous meeting.
The opening few minutes were very cagey. Brixington forced an early save from Coles. Sidmouth had efforts from Stapleton and Newbery but these were off target. Brixington struck first after 10 minutes; a missed tackle in the defence left the Brixington forward with a one-on-one opportunity and he slotted home.
Sidmouth then seemed to change and Vick, Le-Roux, Davey and Pollard found more possession.
You may also want to watch:
After 25 minutes a good free kick from the edge of the area left Coles helpless in the goal. This then quickly became 3-0 after poor tackling in the midfield.
Parsons came on for Newbery in the second half and a few more chances were created with Sidmouth seeing more of the ball. However, Stapleton and Parsons both had shots saved.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
After defensive confusion, it became 4-0 and another quick goal for Brixington made it five. With 20 minutes left, a goalmouth collision left Josh Tyler in pain and he was subbed off with a broken arm for Broe-Ward. But, with very little time remaining, some good football from Pollard and Parsons put Davey through and his fierce shot was tipped onto the bar. Sidmouth U15s would like to wish Josh Tyler a quick recovery.