Vikings to get big lift with Ground Hop Day
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town will be part of the 2018 South West Peninsula League Ground Hop with their Good Friday East Devon derby with Budleigh, one of seven matches in the Ground Hop – a long-standing affair that sees well over 100 people attend seven matches across the Easter weekend.
For Town boss Josh Stunell the news is a great way to start the new year. He said: “The Ground Hop brings with it big crowds and that gives everybody connected with a hosting club such a lift.
“It’s an opportunity for the club to generate good levels of income. There’ll be extra programme sales and, of course, the bar will no doubt be ultra busy.”
The 2018 Ground Hop starts on Thursday, March 29, with the Newton Abbot Spurs versus Teignmouth meeting (7.30pm). The following day – Good Friday – Town launch the day with an 11am start against Budleigh and that is followed by a 3pm start at Honiton Town for the meeting with Ilfracombe Town and there’s then a 7pm start at Axminster Town for the Tigers game against Crediton United.
Three more games are included on the Saturday, starting with St Martins versus Alphington (11am), followed by Brixham versus Galmpton (3pm) and concluding with the Plymouth Marjon versus Millbrook game (7pm).
You may also want to watch:
The Ground Hop is well organised and there are coaches laid on from outside St David’s Station, Exeter, departing at 9.30am on both the Friday and Saturday of the Hop, with the coaches returning to the station at around 10pm on both days.
For more details and to book tickets, visit www.swpleague.co.uk
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford