Volvo golf challenge
In a significant change to the 2013 Volvo National Golf Club Challenge, golf clubs can now take part in the nationwide charity event any time in May, June or July.
Originally open to one weekend in July, the extended dates will enable more golf clubs to take part and provide more opportunities for Volvo Car UK Dealerships to get behind the fundraising efforts, by sponsoring a number of local golf clubs.
Now in its fourth year, the Volvo National Golf Club Challenge is the UK’s biggest amateur charity golf event, supporting Help for Heroes. The Challenge competition will bring hundreds of golf clubs together to compete against each other, raise much- needed funds for wounded Service Personnel and bring the great British Golfing Community together in an unprecedented show of support for troops.
There is no fee for golf clubs to take part; all that is required is for each club to raise as much money as they can by holding their own charity golf day which also acts as a qualifying event. The fundraising can be done at any time, including leading up to and during the event - or even all year round.
Karen Donovan, events manager for Volvo Car UK commented: “The extended dates for the 2013 Volvo National Golf Club Challenge gives dealers a fantastic opportunity to sponsor challenge golf competitions from May through to July which means the donations collected will grow immensely the more events they support.”
You may also want to watch:
New to the 2013 Challenge charity competition is the introduction of Regional Semi Finals.
The top six performing clubs from Wales, Scotland, Southern and Northern England will send their five best golfers from their event to play for a chance to qualify for the National Final at Turnberry.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
The Volvo National Golf Club Challenge finalists will be in with a chance of winning some spectacular golfing prizes, including golfing holidays as well as top-of-the-range golf clothing and equipment.
Golf clubs can register to take part in the 2013 Volvo National Golf Club Challenge by going to www.volvongcc.co.uk.