Walker the inspiration as Beer win at Seaton Town
- Credit: Archant
Beer Albion came out on top in the local derby at Seaton Town, winning 2-0 to gain their first points of the season and move off the foot of the Premier League table writes Brian Adkin.
Beer started much the better team, with several early goal opportunities, but through much of the first half Seaton failed to make any clear cut chances.
Just before half-time, following a melee in the Seaton goal area, Beer’s marksman Seth Wakeley bundled the ball in to give the Fisherman a deserved 1-0 interval lead. A much better start to the second half for Seaton saw them dominate possession for the first 15 minutes with some neat passing football, but still unable to make the breakthrough.
However, as the half wore on, Beer slowly came back into the game, creating further good chances.
With 20 minutes remaining, Wakeley put a good ball into the Seaton box for Man of the Match Richard Walker to plant a fine header past the Seaton keeper and seal a well deserved victory for the Fishermen.
You may also want to watch:
Beer will hope to maintain this much improved form when they host Newtown at The Furzebrake this Saturday (3pm), the match to be sponsored by Marine House at Beer, Arts & Pottery.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival