‘Walking Hockey’ offered at Sidmouth Leisure Centre
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club are hoping for success for its nine senior league teams and 10 junior teams this coming season, writes Jack Ellison.
In addition, the club is hoping to grow ‘Rusty Hockey’ for those who wish to return to the sport after a break.
A brand new initiative this season is also ‘Walking Hockey’ which is targeted at anyone who feels any of the following: ‘that they feel they are too ‘old’ to play a sport’, have reduced mobility’. ‘is looking to meet new friends’, ‘simply wants to try a new sport’ or quite simply, ‘finds hockey a bit too fast paced, but still has the urge to play’.
If the answer to any of the afore listed ‘thoughts’ is ‘yes’ then walking hockey may well provide the answer.
Taster sessions, to be held at Sidmouth Leisure Centre for an hour, will be star at noon and be held each and every Sunday from September 17 through to October 1.
You may also want to watch:
There is a small cost per session of £4, a ‘fee’ which will hep towards the costs of hiring the pitch.
Anyone interested in this exciting new concept is asked to check out the SOHC website at www.sidmouthandotteryhc.co.uk or, contact firstname.lastname@example.org by email for more information.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients