Ward strike nets Warriors Under-14s a point
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-14s shared four goals with Heavitree in an Exeter and District Youth League meeting.
The contest began with rain falling and a strong wind blowing and the Exeter side struck first to take an early lead .
Warriors hit back and, with a combination of hard work and gutsy play in the difficult conditions, Warriors levelled when, following a goalmouth scramble, a Heavies player touched the ball past his own glovesman to restore parity.
After the break Heavitree regained the lead with a shot that gave Warriors glovesman Mark Rogers no chance.
Once again the Sidmouth youngsters dug deep and came back well and their endeavours were rewarded with a Cameron Ward goal that ensured honours ended even.
You may also want to watch:
The Man of the Match for Warriors was Lewis McManus who was superb in defence from start to finish.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections