Warriors Under-8s ground the Heavitree Hawks
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-8s emerged unbeaten from matches against Heavitree Hawks and Heavitree Eagles.
Warriors made a high-tempo start and a powerful 30-yard strike from Ethan Isaac was deflected past the Hawks goalkeeper – within 30 seconds of the start!
It was 2-0 inside three minutes with an Isaac shot this time arrowing its way directly into the Hawks net.
The Exeter side halved the deficit, but Warriors were soon back on the front foot and goals from Lucas Vickery and Alastair Mounoury wrapped up a well-deserved 4-1 victory.
Stepan Hovora had a fine game at the heart of the Warriors’ defence.
You may also want to watch:
Next up Warriors shared four goals with Heavitree Eagles. Ethan Isaac continued his fine form to fire Warriors into an early lead following a good move linking up with Lucas O’Connor.
A lack of concentration led to Heavitree netting quick-fire goals to lead 2-1 at half-time.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
After the break Warriors pressured the Eagles defence and it was no more than they deserved when, after a great run down the wing from Lucas Vickery, the ball fell to Alastair Mounoury to rifle it home.
Warriors glovesman Jamie White had a fine game, making a number of crucial saves in goal.