Washout across the Tolchards Devon League on matchday three
- Credit: Archant
Matchday three of the Tolchards Devon League was washed out, writes Stephen Birley.
Of the 77 matches across the 16 divisions only five got underway and not one finished!
For Sidmouth it meant no play in their East Devon derby meeting with Exmouth as the Maer ground couldn’t beat the weather.
Back at Fortfield they were able to get underway as Sidmouth 2nds took on Exmouth II. The visitors had lost three wickets for 28 runs when the rains finally ended any hope of the match being played to a conclusion.
There was also some action at Ottery St Mary where the 2nd XI were 32 without loss when the contest was brought to an early end.
You may also want to watch:
In terms of other East Devon club action, Honiton were at Culmstock where they had the home side 78-4 with Phil Tansley having taken all four wickets for just 28 runs, when the weather ended things prematurely.
Honiton II also saw action, they managed to reach 88-3 when the Mountbatten Park meeting with Countess Wear II was abandoned.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
This Saturday the local team action is; Sidmouth first eleven host a Cornwood side that lost their first two games before being washed out on matchday three.
Sidmouth II, who currently top the 2nd XI Premier Division table travel to meet a Cornwood side that are just a point behind the Fortfield men in second pace!
Sidmouth III, currently the basement dwellers in the fledgling B Division East table head to Seaton II.
Ottery St Mary first eleven welcome Bideford for the B Division ‘Match of the Day’. Bideford sit top and Ottery fourth in a division that sees just two points separate the top four sides!
Ottery II are currently fourth in the 2nd XI A Division table and they travel to meet a Sandford side that sit bottom and Ottery III host Barnstaple and Pilton II in a D Division East 2nd XI game.
Away from Tolchards Devon League cricket, this weekend offers up a local derby with Sunday’s meeting between Sidbury and Newton Poppleford.