Wasps boosted by left back Campbell’s opener in Kentisbeare victory
- Credit: Archant
West Hill Wasps 4, Kentisbeare 3 Wasps were good value for their seventh win of the Under-14 Division Two season.
With the two sets of players well know to each other through school time, this was always going to be a feisty affair!
The visitors began brightly, but Wasps weathered the early storm and then took charge, deservedly going ahead through left back Frazer Campbell.
Just before the break the advantage was doubled when Toby Harris scored.
The visitors got one back early in the second half and then levelled through a bizarre own goal.
You may also want to watch:
However parity lasted no more than a minute when a swift Wasps raid ended with Toby Harris netting his second.
Tony Pinder then added a fourth and, despite the visitors getting a late third, Wasps closed the game out well to deservedly bank the points.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
Matt Simpson, an aspiring athlete, amongst the best nationally at the 1500m, was impressive in the heart of the Wasps defence.