Wasps sting Blues with super second half show
- Credit: Archant
West Hill Wasps Under-15s produced a stunning second half show to defeat Brixington Blues 7-1 when the side’s met in the Exeter and District Youth League.
When the sides had met in Exmouth earlier in the campaign Wasps had been beaten 4-1, but this meeting was to end very differently!
The first half had seen Wasps take the lead through Callum Lefevbre only for Blues to be on level terms at the interval after George Harris seized on a slip by the Wasps gloves man.
During the break Wasps coach Andy Pitcher clearly delivered an inspired team talk for his team looked a very different side in the second half, one they dominated from first whistle to last.
Unlike their first half show, Wasps moved the ball around well after the break and scored some clinical goals. Louis Hilton notched four and both Aiden Mitchell and Dillon Fielding also scored. It was left winger Cameron Derry who picked up the Wasps’ Man of the Match award.
You may also want to watch:
Pitcher said: “The first half show was not our finest, but we got it right in the second half and looked much more like the team I know they are.”
Blues’ coach Matt Dunn said: “No complaints from us, they were by far the better side. They clearly wanted it more than we did.”
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 7 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 10 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom