Wasps sting Blues with super second half show
- Credit: Archant
West Hill Wasps Under-15s produced a stunning second half show to defeat Brixington Blues 7-1 when the side’s met in the Exeter and District Youth League.
When the sides had met in Exmouth earlier in the campaign Wasps had been beaten 4-1, but this meeting was to end very differently!
The first half had seen Wasps take the lead through Callum Lefevbre only for Blues to be on level terms at the interval after George Harris seized on a slip by the Wasps gloves man.
During the break Wasps coach Andy Pitcher clearly delivered an inspired team talk for his team looked a very different side in the second half, one they dominated from first whistle to last.
Unlike their first half show, Wasps moved the ball around well after the break and scored some clinical goals. Louis Hilton notched four and both Aiden Mitchell and Dillon Fielding also scored. It was left winger Cameron Derry who picked up the Wasps’ Man of the Match award.
You may also want to watch:
Pitcher said: “The first half show was not our finest, but we got it right in the second half and looked much more like the team I know they are.”
Blues’ coach Matt Dunn said: “No complaints from us, they were by far the better side. They clearly wanted it more than we did.”
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories