Wasps stung at home by slick Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s bounced back in impressive style and returned to the top of the table after a convincing victory at the home of local rivals West Hill Wasps.
Ryan Kubatcha bagged a brace as Raiders scored three superb first half goals in quick succession.
The Vikings dominated the game with Ryan Kubutcha, in superb form on the wing, scoring two of the goals – his second from the tightest of angles.
Ned Selley was the other scorer, netting his first Raiders goal since making the switch from goalkeeper to outfield player. His goal was no more than his performance deserved.
During the break Raiders coach Mark O’Connor set his side out to face the expected Wasps response and the team defended brilliantly, restricting the hosts to just a single shot on target!
You may also want to watch:
Raiders demonstrated how far they have progressed this season. A terrific victory leaves them very much ‘in the frame’ for promotion.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 9 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 10 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon