Wasps Under-11s too hot to handle for Heavitree Tornadoes
- Credit: Archant
West Hill 6, Heavitree Tornadoes 0 West Hill Under-11s powered to an emphatic clean sheet home success over the Exeter-based visitors. It was sweet revenge for Wasps who had lost 2-1 to the same opposition earlier in the campaign.
The opening goal owed much to the quick-thinking of Tom Simmons whose early throw released Ollie Pugsley and his first-time cross was finished by Jack Hatswell.
Ollie Benson then outmuscled a defender and ran through to fire a low left foot shot under the keepers body.
Charlie Pullen made it three with a powerful right foot shot from 12-yards after good approach play involving Ben Marsh and Hatswell.
Pullen then turned provider when his cross from the left was headed home by Pugsley.
You may also want to watch:
The fifth goal was a fantastic solo-effort from Hatswell who ghosted past a couple of players before blasting the ball high into the net.
Pugsley wrapped up the scoring after reacting first to a long Simmons throw-in and running on to clip the ball over the keeper.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
Heavitree defended stoutly, the game was well refereed and played in a great spirit.
Ollie Pugsley and new boy Jack Hatswell shared the Wasps Man of the Match award both for their link-up play and their goals.