Wenham a winner in latest Sidmouth Winter League meeting
- Credit: Archant
It was three man medal, one score to count in the Sidmouth Golf Club Winter league on Sunday, writes John Barnard.
Continuing his recent good run of form was Lee Wenham who managed three birdies on his own, on holes four, seven and 17.
He was accompanied this time by Matt Bavington and Gary Linnen, who, between them, managed another three birdies and went round in 54, 12 shots better than par.
Second were Mark Thomas, Sean Murphy and Vernon Ruffle, who were one shot back.
In third place were Moray Bosence, Mark Smedley and Malcolm Crockett who scored 57.
You may also want to watch:
This meant the first major change in the overall winter league standings since the start of the season.
Kym White had held the lead from the outset but Lee Wenham’s excellent play means he now leads by a point with Sean Murphy in second with Kym and Mark Thomas a further point back.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb