West Hill Wasps Under-11s in nap hand win at West Exe Wizards
- Credit: Archant
West Exe Wizards 0, West Hill Wasps 5 West Hill Wasps Under-11s won their ninth game in 17 starts to stay the best of the rest behind runaway leaders CS Tigers in the Division One table.
Wasps dominated the first half to such an extent that stand-in keeper, Euan Webber, did not touch the ball once!
James Horler again enjoyed the freedom of the left flank as the home team had no answer to his guile and pace.
With Ben Marsh and Joseph Green continually winning the ball in the middle third It left the strike trio of Ollie Benson, Charlie Pullen and Ollie Pugsley to inter link superbly and cut open the home team almost at will.
The opening goal, arrived after Horler won the ball, fed Pugsley, and he threaded a pass through to Benson to fire home.
You may also want to watch:
Pugsley the fired over and Pullen was twice denied by the home keeper before the glovesman produced stunning saves to deny first Green and then Pullen.
West Exe started the second half the brighter and forced a great one-handed save from Wasps’ gloves man Webber.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
Changes were then made with Jonathan Pitcher and Sam Read replacing Pullen and Green.
Benson took the ball past a couple of defenders and thumped it home to double the lead before a Benson corner was tucked away by Marsh.
A great left-footed strike from the edge of the area gave Pitcher his first league goal of the season and Benson curled another corner high above the keeper to complete his hat-trick and complete the scoring.
Young Benson was named the Wasps’ Man of the Match alongside Euan Webber who made a wonderful save at an important time in the game and went on to bag a deserved clean sheet.