West Hill Wasps Under-11s seal super win over Central City
- Credit: Archant
West Hill 5, Central City 1 West Hill Wasps Under-11s bagged their sixth win of the league season with a fine all-round performance.
Wasps made a bright start and took the lead from an Ollie Pugsley short corner which found recent signing Jack Hatswell who played it back to Pugsley and his cross to the far post was headed home by Tom Simmons.
The lead was doubled when Charlie Pullen finished off a fine move involving Ben Marsh, Pugsley and Simmons.
The third goal came after a Central goal kick was picked up by Simmons and he sent Pullen clear to finish well. The visitors got one back to trail 3-1 at the break.
Wasps stepped up their passing game in the second half and James Horler did well on the left, fed Ben Marsh, and he delivered a superb cross that was headed home by Ollie Benson.
You may also want to watch:
Next some wonderful interplay between Benson and Simmons ended with Simmons squaring for Benson to stab the ball home to complete the scoring.
Will Amos was inspirational in the Wasps defence, but the Man of the Match award was shared by the most impressive trio Ben Marsh, Charlie Pullen and Tom Simmons.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat