West Hill Wasps Under-12s stil to concede a home goal this season
- Credit: Archant
West Hill Wasps 2, Twyford Spartans 0 Despite not being at their best, a good solid performance from West Hill Wasps Under-12s ensured they banked three more points from a comfortable success to stay top of the table, writes Chris Simmons.
Charlie Pullen started at right-back and slotted in amongst the defence as if he had played there all his life!
Ollie Pugsley began up front and soon played a delicious back-heel to release Ollie Benson who powered to the by-line before pulling the ball back for Thomas Rush to tuck the ball into the net.
Ben Marsh and Thomas Rush won the vast majority of midfield possession, but each time the final ball was just off target. A lovely through ball from Pugsley found Benson who adjudge to be off-side.
At half-time, Euan Webber and Joseph Green replaced Pullen and Pugsley and Wasps were soon two goals to the good when Benson clipped the ball over a stranded Twyford keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Further changes saw the introduction of Jonny Pitcher and Alex Douglas and the pair linked well up front.
Jordan Fowler had a relatively quite time in goal, but when the defence was finally breached and the ball had beaten the glovesman it looked as if the season-long clean sheet record was about to be ended but Rush made an acrobatic clearance on the goal-line!
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Ben Marsh was named one of the Man of the Match award winners for his outstanding shift in midfield, but the honour was shared with Thomas Rush for his all-round performance that included another goal and that magnificent goal-line clearance.