West nets his first Raiders Under-13s goal in double figure win over Honiton Youth
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s were in impressive form as they powered to a 10-0 success over Honiton Youth to become the table-toppers in the Exeter and District Youth League.
The three key components of another emphatic win, deadly in attack, combative in midfield and disciplined in defence, were on show throughout.
It was the ‘goal-machine’ that is Freddie Dorman that began the rout – netting following some good approach play from Josh O’Connor.
Reuben ‘ Ya Ya Toure’ Bennett doubled the score with a terrific strike from fully 40-yards.
The Dorman pace was on show for two blistering sprints that were followed by clinical finishes as he racked up another hat-trick and a Yan Mercan goal rounded things off to send Raiders into the break with a 5-0 advantage.
You may also want to watch:
The second half produced more of the same with winger Ryan Kubacka slotting from a tight angle before Bennett got his second to make it 7-0.
Matthew West then scored his first goal for the Raiders and what a goal it was!
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 5 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
As the ball came to him he kept his eyes fixed on it before striking it perfectly and then watching it arrow its way past a static glovesman.
It was Dorman who finished what he started, netting the final two goals to close his match account with five and see Raiders to a double figure clean sheet success.