Wet weather hamper bowls fixtures
The weather had an affect on the early season games, and the match between president and chairman had to be abandoned due to rain, writes Peter Bebb.
In the other internal matches the gents beat the ladies 121-75 and the match secretary's team beat the secretary's team 48-45.
The first friendly match was a close one, away at Tiverton Peoples Park. Ottery won by a single point 59-58:
G Temple, M Beighton, Skip M Bright 17-17; J Paddon, G Beighton, Skip M Phillips 11-17 M Parker, T Luff, Skip H Channon 25-3; D Luff, A Howells,Skip T House 6-21.
In the match at home to Heavitree, Ottery won on three rinks and lost on three, the travelling team being the winners 103-120.
You may also want to watch:
D Luff,T Bushell, M Phillips, Skip T House 22-12; G Temple, R Johnson, G Beighton, Skip M Bright 12-23; M Spencer, B Scurr, J Paddon, Skip S Spencer 10-29; A Howells, P Bebb, T Luff Skip M Hunt 15-29; S Rowe,D Hunt, D Rastall, Skip M Parker 21-16; M Beighton, D Garrod, D Manvill, Skip D Dalton 23-11.
In an away match at Madeira, Ottery won on two rinks, drew on two, but lost on two resulting in a win for Madeira 109-126:
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
D Luff, T Bushell, J George, Skip M Bright 12-26 ; A Howells, J Bebb, J Paddon,Skip W Taylor, 18-18; S Kenny, P Nicholls, M Potter, Skip T House 19-19; G Temple, K Pollitt, T Luff, Skip M Hunt 26-10; M Spencer, P Bebb, G Kille, Skip M Parker 26-20; V Kille, D Rastall, F Hunt, Skip S Spencer 8-33.
The matches between Bovey Tracy and Feniton had to be cancelled because of the weather.
Pictured is match secretary Stuart Spencer.