Whimple earn five wicket win over Ottery
- Credit: Archant
Cameron Kidd scored 90 as Whimple defeated Ottery St Mary by five wickets in the C Division East.
Kidd hit the high score from a remarkable 50 balls in an innings that included seven sixes and seven fours.
Visitors Whimple won the toss and elected to have a bowl on the sunny but cloudy day.
Ottery openers Oliver West and Alex Clements put on a 39-run partnership before West was caught by David Clushaw from the bowling of Gareth Stoneman.
West's fellow opener Clements went on to score 62 as his side built towards a big score.
You may also want to watch:
Whimple's Matt Brown and Kalann Nessling both took three wickets as the Otters were bowled all out for 200 after 44.4 overs.
With dark clouds looming and the threat of rain increasing, Whimple looked keen to chase the 201 target.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
Nathan Kidd and Henry Gordon Lennox both hit good scores of 21 and 19 respectively before Cameron Kidd made his way to the crease and began to turn the game in his team's favour.
His innings was eventually ended by Harsha Sinnappu Liyanage whose delivery was caught by Joe Henkus.
Captain Ben Silk and Gareth Stoneman saw out the innings as Whimple reached the 201 target at the end of 39.2 overs.
Whimple are in second place, just one point behind Heathcoat 2nds while Ottery are in sixth.
Next for Whimple is a visit of Alphington while Ottery host Exmouth 2nds. Both games take place on Saturday, June 22.