Whitfield is outstanding as Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s exit KO Cup at first round stage
Cullompton Rangers 6, Sidmouth Raiders 0 Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s went out of the Exeter and District Youth League KO Cup at the first round stage.
Toby Whitfield was outstanding and the Raiders ‘never say die’ attitude shone through as the team battled well against a very good Cullompton side.
The home side took an early lead and were three goals up, two of them from great play, before The Raiders managed a serious attack.
Despite the first half being all one-way traffic the Raiders defence, in particular Toby Whitfield, Noah Raffell, Freddie Squire and Kieran ‘Smithy’ Phillips, played superbly forcing Cullompton to rely on mainly long range efforts.
The midfield of Samuel Burhop, C J Abbot, Will Bond and Lewis Rowden saw little of the ball on the opening period and Henry Summerhayes up front, was reduced to a spectator for long spells.
You may also want to watch:
Bond did make a couple of good runs for but his crosses were intercepted before Summerhayes could reach them.
The second half was more even and The Raiders managed some meaning full attacks with Robbie Hallett , Phillips and Burhop having efforts at goal, but at the other end Man of the Match Whitfield made three goal line clearances in quick succession to keep the score line a little more realistic.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients