Wilkinson back with a treble as Ottery get sixy to book Bill Slee Cup last eight berth
- Credit: Â©-Anthony Rowe L.R.P.S
Ottery St Mary manager Dave Fairweather had plenty of reasons to be cheerful after watching the Otters net a second successive clean sheet victory as they won their Bill Slee last 16 cup tie with North Tawton 6-0.
Given that the side had not played since a December 16 1-0 win over Countess Wear Dynamo’s it was an impressive result for the Otters.
It also proved to be a wonderful first game back after a lengthy injury lay-off for Jordan Wilkinson.
The striker, who suffered a fractured ankle in pre-season, made a much anticipated return to action and scored a hat-trick.
Dan Jewell was another to find the net – he scored a double and the sixth goal came off an unfortunate North Tawton defenders boot!
You may also want to watch:
Conditions were heavy and then pitch is going to need some work done on it to enable the Ottery ladies to play their Sunday (January 7) match against Axminster Town ladies. Kick-off on Sunday is scheduled for 2pm.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend