Williams and Trusdale crowned Sidmouth Conservative Club snooker doubles champions
- Credit: Archant
Evan Williams and Derek Trusdale are the new Sidmouth Conservative Club snooker doubles champions.
The pair lifted the magnificent trophy after a 2-0 victory in a bets-0f-three frame final.
The final was certainly a close affair for both the frames were decided on the black ball!
It’s the first time that Williams and Trusdale, the latter is the Conservative Club chairman, have got their names onto the trophy.
Williams has twice before had his name etched on the trophy for the club singles championship which this year was won by Steve French.
You may also want to watch:
When asked about the success, Williams said: “It was most enjoyable, the standard of play was high throughout the competition and the fact that the two frames we won both went to the black ball says it all.”
Both Williams and Trusdale also play other sports. Trusdale is a skittles player whilst Williams turns out for Beer Mariners in the East Devon Short Mat Bowls League.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
When asked how long he has been playing the game of snooker, Williams replied: “Longer than I care to remember! It’s s great sport to play and I sincerely hope that both Derek and I are able to successfully defend the title in 12 months time. On thing is for sure, we’ll be trying our best to win it again.”